Around the Area
Whether flying in during the summer or enjoying a scenic drive through Northern Michigan, our region boasts family-friendly fun – as well as activities for your adventurous side. Enjoy a sailboat ride on Grand Traverse Bay. Experience wine country on the peninsulas of Leelenau and Old Mission. Soak-up the sunshine on one of our picturesque beaches.
Explore the region’s art galleries and learn about our local creative scene. Hit the links on majestic courses by day then take-in the nightlife at historic downtown shopping districts. As you can see, the areas surrounding M22 Inn, Suttons Bay have something for everyone!
Year after year more and more great restaurants are popping up in the area. Here are a few suggestions:
- Broomstack Kitchen & Taphouse Maple City, Family friendly restaurant serving grass-fed burgers, sicilian pizza, 20 beers on tap and full bar
- Leelanau Coffee Roasters Glen Arbor
- Riverfront Deli Glen Arbor
- Leelanau Cheese Company Suttons Bay
- Wine tasting – All over the Leelanau Penninsula and Grand Traverse County
- Trattoria Funistrada Burdickville, Reservations in advance needed 10 minutes away
- LaBecasse Burdickville, Reservations in advance needed 10 minutes away
- blu Glen Arbor, Reservations in advance needed
- Martha’s Leelanau Table Suttons Bay Reservations in advance needed
- Little Traverse Inn 9 miles north on M22
- Big Cat Brewery Cedar
- Figs Lake Leelanau
- The Tribune Northport
- The Manitou Restaurant south of Empire
- The Bluebird Bar & Restaurant Leland
- Martha’s Leelanau Table Suttons Bay.
- Trattoria Stella Traverse City Reservations in advance needed
- Amical Traverse City Reservations in advance needed
- The Cook’s House Reservations in advance needed
We are happy to make a reservation for you at any of the above when you are booking your reservation or anytime before your arrival. We suggest making reservations early for those noted as such.
There are many Art Galleries Museums in and about the area.
- Synchronicity Gallery Glen Arbor
- Dickinson Photo Gallery Glen Arbor
- Lake Street Studios Glen Arbor
- Glen Arbor Art Association Classes for kids and adults
- Ruth Conklin GalleryGlen Arbor
- Gwen Frostic Gallery Benzonia
- Michigan Artists’ Gallery Suttons Bay
- Great Lakes Children’s Museum – Traverse City
- Interlochen Center for the Arts Interlochen
- Traverse City Film Festival Traverse City late July
- Michigan Legacy Art Park Thompsonville